Saturday, August 1, 2015

July Wrap-Up/August TBR

I just realized I forgot to post my reviews for a few series...they're coming soon. Since it's now August, I think it's safe to do a July wrap-up and August TBR. I read quite a few books, and I must say I've put quite a dent in my 2015 reading challenge. I'm still behind but progressing well. As of now I've read 14 books, which is much better than the past couple years :) So far, I recommend all the books I've read this year. All the full reviews are on my Goodreads.

JULY WRAP-UP:
The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines #3) by Richelle Mead
I'm obsessed with the Vampire Academy world, so I marked them all 5 stars lol. This one as great. I loved how she included so many plot twists in each book, as well as one at the end of each. This storyline was incredible

The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines #4) by Richelle Mead
This one started the dual perspective between Sydney and Adrian. I thought she picked the best part in the series to do it. It definitely helped the story progress smoothly.

Silver Shadows (Bloodlines #5) by Richelle Mead
This was excellent. I loved the dual perspective the most in this book. It really showed how Sydney and Adrian's relationship from both points of view, which is really uncommon.

The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines #6) by Richelle Mead
I was so sad this was the last book. Luckily it wasn't a cliff hanger, like some series. I would love another series from the VA world because I love it so much. This is by far my favorite vampire series. I recommend both Vampire Academy and Bloodlines to anyone who likes YA paranormal romance.

The Pledge (The Pledge #1) by Kimberly Derting
I liked it, but not as much as I originally anticipated. It started slow but then got a little faster. It's about a girl who has the ability to speak the languages of all the social classes, as well as Englaise (which is the universal language of the country). It was quite good. I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't read it.

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Contrary to what most people say, this book did not make me cry. Movies make me cry more than books do. I haven't seen the movie yet, so I don't know how it'll affect me. I loved this book though. It was fantastic. This was a one day read for me, which is very shocking. I've had 3 one-day reads this year, which I haven't had since I was younger.

Looking For Alaska by John Green
I liked how unconventional this book was. I really liked how he used dates as chapters. It really helped show how much time went by in the book. Some books make it hard to tell how much time goes by, but this one didn't have that problem. This was the 3rd one-day read for 2015.

Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
I really liked this one. I read it in a few days and enjoyed it. It's a really good read, especially if you're part of the LGBTQ community. I loved how each chapter was different (one had correct punctuation and the other had very little capitalization-which drove me crazy but helped differentiate the Will Graysons). I also liked the writing style and honestly the place they meet is just gold (insert laughing emoji).

Those were all the books I read in July. Before I start my August TBR, I'm finishing An Abundance of Katherines by John Green and The Essence (The Pledge #2) by Kimberly Derting

AUGUST TBR:
The Offering (The Pledge #3) by Kimberly Derting
Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld
Paper Towns by John Green
Beautiful Creatures by Margaret Stohl and Kami Garcia
Beautiful Darkness by Margaret Stohl and Kami Garcia
Beautiful Chaos by Margaret Stohl and Kami Garcia
Beautiful Redemption by Margaret Stohl and Kami Garcia

No comments:

Post a Comment