Monday, February 3, 2014

Hunger Games Book Reviews

I finished Mockingjay on Saturday night (I read 2/3 of it in 2 days!). I've read the first one twice (once in 2011 and again in December when I bought the others) and the others once. I loved the books (and the first movie) so much I thought I might as well review them so here it goes...

The Hunger Games (#1)
In my opinion, this was the worst book of the series but it was absolutely incredible! It starts so peacefully but definitely changed when Katniss volunteered to go in the Games. Suzanne Collins (the author) kept throwing all these twists and turns which made it that much better! I'm pretty sure Katniss is rapidly making archery cool (I tried it once and it's a lot of fun!) I wasn't expecting the Games to end the way they did but it was truly art :') BE WARNED....you'll probably cry when a certain someone dies (I won't spoil it in the small chance you haven't read it!) I personally thought the movie was good...it wasn't as good as the book but it was incredible! Jennifer Lawrence plays a perfect Katniss! The movie was a bit different than the book but it was a lot more similar than most books-to-movies these days. I recommend reading this BEFORE you see the movie, if you haven't done either one yet!

Catching Fire (#2)
The series improved (I didn't think it was possible after the first book!) The Quarter Quell was definitely a big plot twist. I was very shocked when President Snow announced the Quarter Quell and what it was gonna be. This had many plot twists but they all contributed to the amazingness that is this book (and series!) I LOVED how she left you hanging at the very end (literally!) I recommend buying Mockingjay before you even start the last part of this book! You'll want to start right away because it flowed so perfectly into Mockingjay. I haven't seen the movie yet but once I see it, I'll review the first two.

Mockingjay (#3)
The beginning of this book was a perfect transition from the end of Catching Fire. This is the only book in the series that doesn't have a Games. I won't go into too much detail (I don't want to spoil it) but Katniss and her group find a way to get rid of the Games forever. This book had as much action as the first two but it was definitely more realistic because there wasn't a Hunger Game. Those weapons Beetee made for Katniss and Gale were incredible! I just hated how everyone got split up on their mission and some died (Finnick was awesome!) The series definitely ended on a high note with the Games ending for good and everyone living more peacefully. I finished this 2 days ago and I'm still going nuts about the ending! I'm really excited for Part 1 of the movie in November of this year :D

Before I started reading the series, I wasn't sure about it. It seemed like I wouldn't like it but I was way off! This series is the perfect blend of drama, action, romance and pure awesomeness :D I highly recommend all 3 books (buy them at the same time if possible) and the first movie! I give this whole series 5 out of 5 stars (I would give more but I don't think I can!) I personally loved the 3-part layout of the books...it should be used in more series in my opinion :) I'll post more reviews of series I've read (whole ones, not just a couple) :D If you have any book or movie suggestions, let me know and I'll see if I have read/seen them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment