Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Update

Merry Christmas everyone!! :) Sorry I haven't posted in FOREVER (5 months) but I've been busy with school (I just finished my first semester in college as a Culinary Arts major!) and getting a job (I left one and three months later, I got another one...hope I can keep this one!) I passed my ServSafe exam on December 2nd and I get my certificate after the new year (they arrived at school a couple weeks ago but I was on a trip back home to New Jersey and I haven't made it over there yet). 

Anyways...my American Girl collection is still stuck at two...McKenna and Serena. I was going to get Saige, Molly and Emily but I couldn't afford them :( Just my luck right? :/ Well I'll try harder to get Isabelle (GOTY 2014) and Josefina. I also want to get MAG 41 (who will be Serena's twin named Star) and MAG 23 (Maddie) :) Let's see...one of my New Year's Resolutions is to save money...more on that later! Their prices will be rising again from what I've seen online (I haven't gotten a new catalog yet)...what about the fans that are broke college kids? Really...it's hard seeing characters you grew up with retiring. I really hope they bring them all back (Samantha/Nellie, Kirsten, Felicity/Elizabeth and Molly/Emily)!
Here are McKenna and Serena near my Christmas trees (the blonde in one pic is Lauren...she isn't AG). I bought the silver one a couple years ago and the decorations within the past 3 years or so. I just bought the green one Monday night and decorated it yesterday. They're both from Walmart as well as some ornaments and both the blue and teal stars :) The silver tree has plain white lights and the green one has fiber-optic lights.


Back in October (the 13th actually) I ran my first 5k...ever. I ran the 5Kahne, which is hosted by the gorgeously perfect Kasey Kahne :D It was the first time I competitively ran over 200 meters so I was nervous! My mom and I left our house at around 4am and drove 4 hours to Charlotte so I could run at 10. I HIGHLY recommend running this next October! :D It's so much fun! I ran a 37:04 and didn't die, which isn't bad for a first timer. Tip of the day-do NOT drink a venti Starbucks frappuccino before running 3.1 miles, trust me! :) I'm working on improving the time and running some longer races (like a 10K and 5 miler...maybe a half marathon if I stay on track...who knows with me) as well as get back in shape and lose weight. Here's Kasey and me...he's so gorgeous in person!! But he's mine ;) 

A couple weeks ago, I went to New Jersey (where I'm originally from...hence the name and my first post) and it felt good to be there :) The one thing I miss the most (besides my friends and family that live there) is Wawa! It's like a food store...only way better! :D This is one of their cups with their AMAZING and addictive raspberry iced tea :D I always have so much fun and when I get home, it doesn't even feel like I was there that long. The trips just fly by because I'm having so much fun :) Yea people there drive me nuts but people everywhere drive me crazy.

Along with this long post...I'll do a 10 Random Things too :) Here are 10 things that happened to me in 2013 (in no particular order)
1. I started hanging out with my best friend in February :D
2. I got a new 2013 Ford Focus in April
3. I've had 3 jobs in 3 different restuarants...long story but it's experience for owning my own one day
4. I ran the 5Kahne (Kasey Kahne's 5K in Charlotte, NC) in October :D
5. I got a picture with Kasey after the 5Kahne in October
6. I went to a NASCAR race in Bristol with my dad and brother in August
7. I went to a few NASCAR shops in May (my bday is May 25th and I went the 28th...I think lol)
8. I discovered Blogilates in February (thank you Pinterest!!)
9. I started college in August
10. I met 2 Facebook friends...one in the summer and one in October :)

Well for 2014 I decided to not do the daily blog posts...I'll do a few when I can because school starts up January 16th and I'll be on one campus Mondays and Wednesdays and another Tuesdays and Thursdays. Plus I have work a couple days a week (the days vary every week) so I'll be pretty busy but until then I'll post as much as I can. I'll post workouts and meals as I find them :) I'm gonna follow Cassey's workout calendars (they can be found on Blogilates.com; sign up for her newsletter for the passwords for meal plans and calendars...it's all free and Cassey is AMAZING!) along with some workouts from Seventeen magazine. I'll post the ones I do :) 

My New Years Resolutions (and tips to help you with yours)
1. Save money->I'm TERRIBLE at saving money so next year I'm going to work on saving for things I want/need in the long run, like AG's, clothes (I'll need them when I lose weight!), and other things. Tip for this one...post pictures of what you want on your desktop, mirrors or anywhere you look at regularly so when you think about spending money on something you shouldn't you remember what you want. Also, save for small trips. I read that if you spend money on trips, you'll be happier than if you spend it on material things like clothes.
2. Workout at least 4-6 times a week->I try to workout 6 days a week but I'll be okay with 4. They recommend at least 2-3 but more is always better ;) Tip for this one....force yourself to workout for 3 weeks. It takes 3 weeks for you to make a habit so after 3 weeks, you'll be doing it without much of a problem :)
3. Eat better->I've been eating healthy and unhealthy all year so I'm going to focus on healthy foods no matter what. Tip for this one....cut out a couple unhealthy foods and eat healthier ones for about 2-3 weeks...your taste buds will adapt to the change within this time. Just don't cut everything out at once...that won't work nearly as well. A few at a time is perfectly fine :)
4. Pass all my classes->This one is pretty self-explanatory. I want to pass my classes so I can get my degree on time :) Tip for this one...write your homework down and PACE YOURSELF. If you have a big test to study for, study while on the treadmill (walk...don't run) or elliptical (if you have a gym nearby) or take breaks and do a quick workout...the 'Health and Fitness' section on Pinterest has a lot of printable workouts you can save and take with you :D
5. Lose weight->I've wanted to lose weight for a while. I was thinking 2013 was my year but it honestly hasn't been :( So I'm starting next year with a fresh clean slate...I may even start Monday instead of Wednesday to be a bit ahead. Tip for this one...write down why you want to achieve your goals. Put this list on paper (not in your head) and stick it somewhere you look at everyday (maybe your bathroom, workout area (if you have one), car, etc. :)

Hope everyone has an amazing holiday season! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Feel free to follow me...my sites are below! :D

Websites:
DeviantART: SongWriter9
Twitter: Main-@Tessaundra
             Fitness-@KaseysGirl5
Instagram: @Tessaundra
Pinterest: Kahnefanatic5
Tumblr: Tessaundra

No comments:

Post a Comment