Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Recipes/How-To's 7-15-13

This week I have experimented with a recipe I've had for about a year. Everyone's recipe for it varies but I think mine is awesome because it's great with a lot of different ingredients! This week's Recipe/How-To is about...chicken wraps!

I put a lot of effort into my food and this was one I just did and tweaked it a little every time I've made it. It's become a staple of my diet over the past year. Note: this does NOT use measurements because it varies with the size of the tortilla and how many you're making. While everyone does theirs differently, here's how I do mine:

Chicken-Bacon-Ranch Wrap
Ingredients:
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
Fat-Free ranch dressing (fat-free is lower in calories and fat than the light is!)
Bacon bits/cooked bacon, cut into small pieces
Iceberg garden salad mix
Spinach (I put this in when I have it and it's amazing!)
Shredded cheese (mozzarella is the best)
Herbs/spices (this is the part I always experiment with, along with the veggies)
Olive oil (it tastes better with olive oil than it does with any other in my opinion...plus it's healthier!)
Tortillas (any size will do!)

Directions:
Pan Fry
1.) Cut the fat off the chicken breast once defrosted.
2.) Cut into cubes.
3.) Put a little olive oil and spices into a skillet along with the chicken.
4.) Cook chicken in oil and spices until fully cooked.
5.) Heat tortillas in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.
6.) Put the chicken, veggies, cheese, dressing and bacon bits in the tortilla (I do mine in that order) and roll up like a wrap.
7.) Serve with fries, chips or any side you desire.
Boil
1.) Cut the fat off the chicken breast once defrosted (optional)
2.) Place chicken into a pot with water, a little olive oil and the spices/herbs.
3.) Boil water until the chicken is fully cooked (watch to make sure the water doesn't boil over!)
4.) Once cooked, shred the chicken with 2 forks (it WILL be hot!)
5.) Heat tortillas in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.
6.) Put the chicken, veggies, cheese, dressing and bacon bits in the tortilla (I do mine in that order) and roll up like a wrap.
7.) Serve with fries, chips or any side you desire.

You can use any veggies, dressings, cheese, oil or meat with it. I'm always looking for ways to switch it up in the kitchen! :) This is just how I like mine done. You can cook the meat any way you want to. Let me know if/how you make wraps and if you liked it! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment